24 months full-time contract, 39.429€ per year TECNIOSPRING2019
DataScience@UB is an R&D group of the Universitat de Barcelona that works on the challenges originated by the massive generation of data in different application fields, and we do so from the technological, the scientific and social point of view. We are specialists in data science, a key discipline in digital transformation that involves generating and interpreting information on a large scale. DataScience@UB is a member of TECNIO, an initiative from Generalitat de Catalunya to identify those entities that develop technology for companies or facilitate its use.
DataScience@UB (http://datascience.barcelona/) is seeking a Senior Research Engineer to work on the design, planning and execution of R+I+D activities within the frame of the Tecniospring Industry Call 2019 (http://catalonia.com/innovate-in-catalonia/tecniospringplus/).
Tecniospring Industry, ACCIÓ’s fellowship programme, provides financial support to individual mobility proposals presented by experienced researchers in liaison with a host entity. Fellows are offered 2-year employment contracts in order to develop applied research projects at the host entity of their choice.
The candidate will report directly to the DataScience@UB director and will have the capabilities to manage and lead particular technical aspects within R&D projects to ensure their successful fulfillment.
What do we offer?
• A unique experience working in the sunny Barcelona within an international, dynamic and growing organization.
• Located in Barcelona city center, with great connections with metropolitan public transport and easy access by car.
• Full-time employment contract with Tecniospring Industry salary conditions.
• Flexible retribution
• 24 months contract
• Flexible working hours
• Gross salary: 39.429€/year
• PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a closely related field.
• Strong background in Data Science (at least 2 years experience).
• Fluency in spoken and written Spanish and English.
• Ability to analyze data and interpret results.
• Good programming skills in Python
• Ability to read scientific publications and implement mathematical algorithms.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present research ideas to researchers and stakeholders with different backgrounds.
• Demonstrated high level written and oral communication skills.
• Training in Technology Transfer.
How to apply
To submit your project, please fill out the application form in ”Tecniospring Industry” website along with the CV in accordance with the official documents.
Projects are joint proposals submitted by a Catalan host entity together with an experienced researcher of any nationality.
More information about the call: http://catalonia.com/.content/documents/2019/TINDUSTRY_standard_1st-call-2019_DEF.pdf